Severe service valves, and the equipment they protect, represent significant capital investments in your plant. To protect those investments and the performance of your facility, we offer a power walkdown - an inspection of your critical valves using contemporary technology and technical experience.
When performing a power walkdown, our experienced inspectors use a proven process to:
- Capture valve performance data, such as temperatures along the bore path.
- Analyze the information gathered from the valve performance data and visual inspection.
- Report findings on our Unit Walkdown Report and, upon request, our Power Walkdown Thermography Inspection Report.
- Recommend action to repair or replace underperforming valves.
In addition to capturing thermal efficiency readings during the predictive maintenance inspection, we also perform a visual inspection to ensure that:
- Valves are installed with the correct flow direction
- Stem scribe lines are accurately aligned or that the valve is fully closed
- Appropriately designed valves are installed in the proper application
- The actuator is mounted correctly
- Joints, body and packing are void of leaks
While suggestions and on-the-spot test results can be given, a more thorough, analytical report is provided. This report provides performance data so crucial issues can be quickly remedied, while non-urgent action can be budgeted and scheduled. A single report can show the results of several walkdowns, profiling individual valve performance and identifying trends. Our recommended action to replace a valve is validated with statistical data within the report. more about Power Walkdown
Contact us today for substantial cost savings, higher system reliability and increased personnel safety at your plant.